Concord Academy will provide an inspiring and challenging K-12 educational environment conducive to the development of critical and creative thinking through the integration of the fine arts into the sciences, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEAM), utilizing project based instruction and multi-age experiences.
- To serve the student and educate the whole child providing academic, cultural, and character education
- To uphold traditional values such as honesty, kindness and respect
- To encourage students to become leaders and creative thinkers
- To value contributions and suggestions of students, remembering that true education is not “pouring in” but bringing forth
- To maintain a positive connection with our community, by both drawing on the valuable resources of our community and contributing harmoniously to our community
- Our greatest achievements occur in community with others.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills are vital to those wishing to lead change in our complex, evolving social and technological world.
- The humanities (and especially the arts) are essential to human existence.
- Personal responsibility and integrity are indispensable in the pursuit of excellence.
- A sound academic foundation is essential to the development of life skills.